- About Us
- International Cooperation
- Join Us
In order to regulate the issuance of scholarship, International scholarship students are required to register at the beginning of each semester and every month since September, 2015; It applies to all type of scholarships. Scholarship details are as follows:
I. The Schedule of Signing from September, 2019 to June,2020
Time of Signing
Time of Distribution
8th -16th Sept.
Xuhui Campus: Room 1001, Tao Li Yuan;
Minhang Campus: F1 Hall, New-Admin BLD
Xuhui Campus: General Office 208
Minhang Campus: Room 809 New-Admin BLD
Sept & Oct, 2019 living subsidy
Before 30th, Sept.
For Master/PhD: scholarship students are required to sign within 5 working days from the registration day, please bring student card to your own college. A successful college registration is a successful scholarship singing.?The registration date of the college registration is subject to the notice of the college).
November, 2019 living subsidy
Before 10th ,Nov.
December, 2019 living subsidy
Before 10th ,Dec.
January & February, 2020 living subsidy
Feb.2020-June 2020 accommodation subsidy
Before 10th ,Jan.
Refer to Semester Registration Regulation
March & April, 2020 living subsidy
May, 2020 living subsidy
Before 10th ,May.
June, 2020 living subsidy
July,2020-January,2021 accommodation subsidy
Before 10th ,Jun.
July & August, 2020 living subsidy
Before 10th ,July.
1. Since Sept.2019, Master/PhD: scholarship students are required to do semester signing in your own college. A successful college registration is a successful scholarship singing.The registration date of the college registration is subject to the notice of the college.
2. Monthly Signing: From the second month after semester’s signing, it is required for scholarship students to go to the college and sign monthly (normally from 10th to 15th each month, within 5 working days only, not including weekends).
II. Regulations of Particular Cases:
1) In principle, those who miss the deadline of registration, it is not allowed to make up for registering later, and the scholarship will be suspended.
2) Semester’s Signing:
a) Those who can NOT register on time because of illness, it is required to inform the college, submit a certificate from the hospital and an explanation letter approved and signed by college and professor; ISC will review all the documents collected by the college.
b) Those who can NOT register on time because of irresistible reasons (e.g. visa, domestic situation, nature disaster), it is required to inform the college, submit an explanation letter before July 12; the college will submit all the documents to ISC for reviewing.
Except these two situations mentioned above, no any other special cases are accepted by ISC (because of personal reasons, flight tickets etc.), after receiving the documents ISC releases the result to the college within 10 working days, students can get result from the college.
3) Monthly Signing: Those who can NOT sign on time monthly, are required to report and submit related documents to the college, after verifying the documents, the college shall sign instead of student before the monthly signing deadline.
1. If scholarship students disobey the disciplines of university, the scholarship is suspended or canceled depending on the punishment level (implemented from the next month of the school's issuance date), as follows:
1) Warning: scholarship is suspended for three months
2) Severe Warning: scholarship is suspended for six months
3) Record a Demerit: scholarship is stopped one year
4) Detention: scholarship is canceled
5) Expulsion: scholarship is canceled
2. All the international scholarship students should obey International Student Accommodation Regulatory Rules of Shanghai Jiao Tong University and other related regulations of accommodation subsidies for the international scholarship students. The living subsidies of those who live in the dormitories but refuse to pay accommodation fee will be withheld for the deduction of the accommodation fee.
3. Standard of accommodation subsidy: SJTU will add extra subsidy on the basis of the standard of appropriation for Chinese Government Scholarship (PhD Student and Senior Scholar 1000 Yuan/month, Master Student and General Scholar 700 Yuan/month, Undergraduate 700 Yuan/month). New standard of accommodation subsidy as follows:
Monthly Accommodation Subsidy
Confucius Institute Scholarship
The subsidy is offered in 12 months. Subsidy will be distributed one year and in compliance with scholarship duration.
Time of accommodation subsidy distribution: SJTU provides the part of the subsidy covering from July to Jan. of next year in every July (7 months in total) and the rest of subsidy covering from Feb. of next year to June of next year in every December (5 months in total).
4. Those who suspend, quit or graduate study in advance, it is required to return the rest of accommodation subsidies to the university, accommodation subsidies are suspended during the study suspension.
5. Those who have doubts about scholarship distribution (living, accommodation etc.), could contact ISC within two weeks after the scholarship was deposited, there’s no acceptance of any application of checking and making up later.
6. All rights reserved by International Student Center.
International Student Centre