- About Us
- International Cooperation
- Join Us
The 2023 International Youth Leadership Finance Summit (IYLFS) will be held online January 13th-15th, 2023. IYLFS is a student competition event hosted by the Master of Finance (MF) Program of the Shanghai Advanced Institute of Finance (SAIF) at Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
IYLFS provides an interactive learning platform for undergraduate students to cultivate their leadership, communication, and organizational skills. We connect the best students from around the world, and offer them a unique learning experience through hands-on study of business cases and face-to-face communication with business leaders and scholars.
As the world is facing long-term challenges including climate crisis, environmental pollution and economic downturn, Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Investing has drawn growing attention from the global investment community. This increased awareness has been spurred on by shifts in demand from across the finance ecosystem, driven both by the search for better long-term financial value and the pursuit of better alignment with values.
With a theme of "ESG Investing", the summit invites aspiring young people worldwide to share their ideas, and exhibit their team spirit and leadership.
· How shall we expand the product supply and the investment scale of ESG investment?
· How shall we improve the infrastructure of ESG investment, and promote the formation of universal standards for information disclosure？
· ESG investment is a systematic endeavor. How shall we form a joint force of governments, real economy enterprises, investment institutions, and other entities for ESG investment?
Let us find the answers together.
Date: January 13th–15th, 2023
*Please complete the application on a PC
IYLFS, for You:
● Dive deep into impactful financial topics
● Interact with SAIF faculty and industry leaders
● Meet and compete with the most talented global elite
● Showcase your insights and develop new skills
● Gain international competition experience
● Opportunities to:
- Win cash prizes
- Get a SAIF MF Admissions Interview Fast Pass
- Receive an MF scholarship worth more than 25% of tuition fee*
* International participants who win First, Second, or Third Prize in IYLFS and who later enroll in the MF program, can quality for an MF scholarship worth more than 25% of tuition fee.
January 13th–15th, 2023
Application and Finalists Selection Procedure:
1. Participants should register and submit applications individually in the IYLFS application system.
Eligibility for application: All full-time undergraduate students are welcome; we encourage students from all backgrounds to apply.
2. Participants are to form, on a voluntary basis, teams of 4 to 6 and are encouraged to have team members from different disciplines with diverse academic backgrounds.
3. Each participating team is to choose one of the three topics (listed below) and submit a group research report. The report must be submitted before the deadline. The organizing committee will select the finalists based upon the quality of the reports. Selected teams will present their final reports online.
4. At the final presentation, teams will have a chance to showcase their academic strength and creative thinking in front of a group of experts consisting of professors and industry leaders. A following Q&A session will further provoke thoughts on the topic.
* Participating teams are expected to demonstrate unique insights and strong analytical skills. Reports should be written clearly with good quantitative analysis.
Financial instruments play an important role in promoting green and sustainable development. Among many green and sustainable financial instruments, Green Bonds and Sustainability-Linked Bonds are favored by investors because of their simple structure. Please conduct a case analysis of either Green Bonds or Sustainability-Linked Bonds. The case analysis may include, but is not limited to, the definition of the bond, its characteristics, its difference from ordinary debt, its importance to ESG, etc.
Information disclosure is fundamental to ESG practice. Presently, there have been a number of international standards proposed for ESG information disclosure, and each standard has a different emphasis and characteristics. Please select two disclosure standards which you think are mainstream or important, and elaborate upon and compare the differences and characteristics between the two standards.
There is by now a consensus that the carbon emission market plays an important role in helping to reduce carbon emissions and to achieve the temperature control goal of the Paris Agreement. However, the efficient operation of the carbon emission market requires not only a solid theoretical foundation, but also a set of practical protocols for operation. Please take the EU carbon emission market as an example to discuss in detail the protocol of the operation and theoretical foundation of a carbon market. In your discussion, please give particular attention to the accuracy of data and a systematic description of the structure of the market.
Language of Report:
The research report must be submitted in English.
The presentation during the summit will be conducted in English.
Application period: 21 October – 18 December,2022
Report submission deadline: by 18 December, 2022 at 23:59
Where to apply:
Click the above link or scan the QR code to apply.
Please login to the system and apply by using your desktop or laptop web page.
No. 211 West Huaihai Road, Shanghai, 200030, China
Sina Weibo: SAIF_MF
LinkedIn: SAIF MF